Alison - USA

Many things enter our lives and leave just as quickly as they came. Something that lasts forever is friendship. Friends are very important to me. They always have my back and I always have theirs. I don’t know what I would do without my friends.

I went to Washington D.C. last year with my friends. I had the best time of my life there and it wouldn’t have been the same without them. The only reason I went was because of my friends. We did everything together and we were never apart. Even when we get into fights we still love each other. We might do things to hurt each other but in the end we will always be friends.

Friends can make you feel stronger. They are always there for you if you are going through a hard time. If someone breaks up with you, friends will be there to listen to you. They won’t intentionally make you feel worse.

No matter how close you are to someone, once you are friends you will always be friends. I was best friends with people for three years and after those three years I found new best friends but I was still friends with my old best friends. It didn’t matter that we weren’t as close or that we didn’t hang out as much; we were still friends.

They are always the best people to share fun things with. I went to the Twilight Tour and even though I had to wake up at four in the morning and stand in the cold morning air for two hours, it was worth it. I wouldn’t trade anything for the fun I had with my friends that night. I had the most fun I had ever had in a long time and it wouldn’t have been the same without my friends.

Friends can make boring things better too. When I stay after school for yearbook I always make sure my friends are there so I have someone to talk to and yell at. Yearbook deadlines can be so stressful and it helps to be able to yell at someone. Friends are the best for that because they know what you are going through and they understand completely. I didn’t know that when I joined the yearbook staff I was gaining 20 other friends.

In the end your friends might know you better than you know yourself. They can tell you everything about yourself and they are always going to be there for you no matter what. Who your best friends with might change but best friend or not they will always be your friend.