Knowing Who You Are

Spencer - Heber City, Utah

Have you ever had to make a choice where one option goes against you’re standards, but you want to make that choice, like cheating on a test. Knowing who you are will be what tips the scale on what choice you make, either good or bad.

If you know you’re a cheater then you’ll cheat but if you know that you’re not a cheater then you won’t cheat. There’s no possible way for you not to know who you are, you may say you don’t but that’s just because you’re too lazy to find out. And if you say you’re too lazy to find out then you know who you are, a lazy person who doesn’t care about where his choices lead to only what is convenient for you at the time.

One example of knowing who you are helping me make a choice, is when I forgot to study for a test. It wasn’t a really big test but it would still affect my grade quite a bit. I was faced with a decision, going against who I knew I was, not a cheater. Or cheating and going against who I am. Because I knew who I was I didn’t cheat and failed the test. It felt better to fail the test then to know I had gone against who I was.

Knowing who you are is the most important value my mother wants me to take on through my life. If I know who I am then I’ll be able to get where I want in life. If what know is I’m is a software designer then I’ll go on in life to be a software designer, or if I know I am lazy I’ll grow up and be lazy, I won’t work and live with my parents which isn’t what I want in life. If I know I’m a hard worker and want to graduate from college then I’ll work hard and graduate from college. And if you know you’re lazy then try and make improvements so you’re not and change who you are. Make it so you know you have good values. Knowing who you are is one of the easiest things you do to make your future brighter.

Knowing who you are is one of the most important things to know in life. It can determine you’re future in ways you won’t be able to foresee. That’s why knowing who you are could be one of the most important preparations you make before you leave to live your own life. I believe that knowing who you are is the most important thing for you too know, and if you know you are something that is not good then fix it so you can have a brighter and more promising future.