How do you know

Adam - Heber, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

How do you Know?

When I was four years old my dad took me to Deer Valley to learn how to ski. Before w got there I was really looking forward to it, but when I got up on the hill and looked down at my dad, who had gone ahead to show me how to do it, I was completely terrified. I sat there for what seemed like a couple of hours (it was really only like two minutes) before my dad called up to me and said, “Just go for it.” I decided that he was right and besides, the only way to get down was to ski, so I turned and started sliding down the mountain. It didn’t take long for me to get completely out of control and crash after flying down the run, but thats pretty much how everyone starts out. Any way, what my dad said to me that day taught me a lesson I will never forget.

Later in my life I remembered this lesson when I tried snowboarding, football, baseball, basketball, and even in some of my school classes, and guess what, all of them were good experiences for me. IN snowboarding I suck, but I always have a great time with my friends when I go up there. In all three sports I wasn’t sure if I should go and try out for the teams, but I did and made all three and was pretty good at them. The classes I chose probably were some of the choices I regretted the most, but I’m learning a lot and I’m told it will be good for college so we’ll see where it goes. But all in all, every time I’ve tried something it’s had a positive out come.

In the song “Life is Beautiful” by Six:A.M. it says, “You can’t quit until you try. You can’t live until you die. You can’t learn to tell the truth until you learn to lie.” even though it’s written about a guy who almost died from an addiction t heroin it sends a good lesson about how you only have one chance at life and how you need to use it to its fullest. So don’t sit around thinking that you can’t, get out there and do it, what ever it is, because if you think you can, you can, and if you think you can’t, you’re right. What do you have to lose? Go for it! Because you don’t know anything until you try. This I Believe.