It’s A Beautiful Life

Cassie - Heber, Utah

It’s A Beautiful Life

3,2,1… I watched the timer on the microwave count down, and beep. Ready! I reached in to the microwave to get my cup of cinnamon hot chocolate… my very favorite! The room was alive with the white of the snow. A blizzard was blowing and we already had four feet of snow on the ground. The fleece blanket lying by the warm fire was calling for me and my book. I couldn’t wait to snuggle in and get warm. AS I sat down I thought to myself: these are the moments… little things, little memories. These are the moments that, I believe, make life beautiful.

Do you remember when you were little and stuck your hands in the wet cement? What about jumping in the lake and getting the chills all over? I love lying in the grass in the middle of summer looking up at the clouds to make whatever shapes my imagination can think of or picture. I love looking at the stars and wondering where in the world they will take me.

How could anyone pass up these moments? I think sometimes in life we get really busy with the rush of the world around us. A lot of us have not only ourselves to support, but a family as well. WE have work, school, sports, music, etc., to worry about. The world around us pressures us to be busy and not have any time to spend with ourselves. No time to sit and contemplate about life. No time to look at a beautiful new baby and be grateful for the possibility of life. It’s when we are caught up in these busy moments that we need beautiful down time the most.

Life is beautiful. This thought gives me hope whenever I need it. There are some bad moments but I believe the good ones in life overpower these bad ones. When your feeling lonely think of cuddling up with someone you love. When your sad remember that the sun came up to brighten your daily life. When times get hard think of all you already have.. it’s a lot isn’t it? It’s moments like these that make life beautiful.