Freedom

Emily - Heber City, Utah
Themes: freedom

Freedom

Have you ever felt as if your freedom or liberty has been jeopardized? Most have had their freedom for as long as they can remember. “It is easy to take your liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken away from you.”~Dick Cheney. Many teens from my generation take their freedom for granted. I’m grateful for all the men and women who have and still are fighting for our country’s freedom. This past Veterans Day has really opened my eyes to see all the work and pain soldiers go through each and everyday.

Soldiers not only suffer from physical pain but also mental. Many soldiers who return form their tour of duty have a disorder called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Not only do soldiers suffer from the disorder but their families also have to go through the pain of seeing their loved ones go through such pain. PTSD comes into effect when soldiers return home and are mentally effected. In their everyday lives they react to common things as if they were still in battle zones fighting over seas.

People have fought for our country for 232 years. When we stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance we are showing our respect and gratitude for all war veterans and current soldiers. For me, when I stand I know that5 there are families all over the country who hav4e loved ones far away form them. I thank the veterans I know for their service to our country. My brother-in-law served in the US Army in I Iraq for thirteen months, he missed many things in his children’s lives. Soldiers Miss out on things they wish they could have been there for. Many families have little contact with their soldiers. Families sometimes only hear from them once a month,. Creating stress and worry for the family at home.

US Army General Douglas MacArthur said, “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.” I believe it’s the duty of every+ American citizen to do what they can to preserve our fr3eedom, and make our country a better place to live. In doing are part we will be an example to world and inspire the people of other countries to desires the blessings of freedom. This is what I believe