I believe in second chances

Tarrah - Divide, Colorado
Themes: forgiveness

I believe in second chances

My old philosophy was “If it didn’t work the first time, why would it work again?” I used it in everything, especially relationships. A second chance was just another reason to be crushed in the end. Thinking back on my childhood of all the things I gave second chances to suck as riding a bike, sledding down the steepest hill with rocks at the bottom, and making new friends. I believed in second chances enough to give those thing another shot. Some did hurt, and other did not, in the end, I grew from what I experienced.

Now, I am in a meaningful relationship, and lately things have been rough. He has gone off to college, leaving me at home, and there have been a few arguments whether it is right or not to be together after the way things have gone the last couple visits home. The question is now, “Should I give him a second chance? Is it really worth ruining our friendship?” The answer is yes; because I know with all my being I could never be with someone who is as compatible as him. And if this second chance still can’t save our relationship, I will have no regrets, no tears, and no sorrow. I will learn and grow from this experience and apply what I’ve learned to new relationships and new adventures in my life.

Waking up each morning and taking the first steps of the day is giving life a second chance, and I choose to get up every glorious morning. I would be calling myself a hypocrite from here on out if I didn’t believe in second chances; they have made me the person I am today. To believe something takes faith, trust, effort, and strength. These are the best qualities for any situation. Everything and everyone deserves a second chance time after time. Life itself couldn’t be lived to its fullest if we didn’t do so. Go ahead and take that next step; go ahead again, and take a second one.