Heather - USA

I believe that every moment I spend angry or upset is a moment of happiness I’ll never get back. I have been angry and upset many times in my life. At times I felt like nothing was going right. When I was surfing the internet I came across the saying that I now call my belief. Within that last few months my belief helped me get through two obstacles in my life that I experienced.

When I found out my dad couldn’t make it to my high school graduation because he chose to move instead; I was angry and upset. I didn’t want to talk to him. I sent him an invitation a few weeks before my graduation took place and he promised me he would come see his baby girl graduate. The night before my graduation he told me he couldn’t make because he had to be out of the house by nine the morning of my graduation. I remember cry the whole day and I even cried myself to sleep. I was angry and short tempered with everyone because he had let me down and what hurt the most was that he had lied to me.

Matthew and I were together for a few months. During those months our relationship felt so true and pure and I knew I was IN LOVE. The day he said we need to talk was the day my heart sank. He told me he didn’t want us to be together anymore because he was starting school, swim and student council soon, therefore he wouldn’t have a lot of time for me. I was so heartbroken. I cried my eyes out every day and night and went through two or three boxes of tissues within a week. Instead of being happy and enjoying life, I spent about a week or more crying about one guy. I’ll never get that moment of happiness back.

I believe that every moment I spend angry or upset is a moment of happiness I’ll never get back. My belief is important to me because it has helped me overcome the days that are tough. I now let things fall into place because in the end everything will turn out for the best. I try my hardest to be positive when something bad happens. Before I started believing in the saying, every moment I spend angry or upset is a moment of happiness I’ll never get back, I would dwell on all of the negative things.

My dad and I still talk and I am no longer upset or mad at him because being mad at him wont get me any where in life. I chose to be the bigger person; therefore I chose to be happy and look at the situation in a positive way. I realized that him not coming was his loss and not mine. I knew I couldn’t hate me forever so I chose to make everything between us better. My dad and I are now very close.

Matthew and I are BEST FRIENDS now. We talk daily and we are there for each other no matter what. Because of my belief, I looked at our breakup in a positive way which allowed Matthew and me to be friends. I’m just living one day at a time and letting the things between him and me to fall into place because everything will turn out for the best. We still love each other and hang out every weekend.

My belief, every moment I spend angry and upset is a moment of happiness I’ll never get back, has helped me in so many ways. I look at things in a more positive way and I now know that life doesn’t stop for me when I am sad; therefore I should spend my life being happy and positive. I am going to spend my life being happy and not dwelling on the negative things.

From now on, I am going to shut my eyes, light my face with a smile and take in the experience; for I do not know what may come of tomorrow.