Schools too Long

Bradley - Bardstown, Kentucky

This is my believe paper about how school should be shorter and less work. I believe that school is too long. We set in different class rooms all day and when we get out it feels like we have little time to do anything at all. If school was shorter then I think more people would like coming to school. Its 7 hours long and boring. I only good thing about school is when we get some free time. Most of the time we get crammed with home work and other stuff. We have more than one test in one day and we have to study too much. I think we should cut school in half and do some classes one day and some the next day. I think people would make better grades and not be as sleepy at the end of the day. If they had a sleep study I think they would find out that students would do work much better. If you watch students after awhile we start to daze off into space. If we are doing something fun then I think it’s easier to concentrate and do better work. I don’t know if it’s this way for everyone but I know it’s better for me. I do better at classes I like and do terrible at the ones I hate. I sometimes think it’s because I am sleepy and just don’t feel like moving when I am like that. When I go to sleep early I do well in school but when I do not go to sleep early then I do terrible in school. I need to do better in my classes so I think I may have to go to sleep earlier. If I go to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 7:15 I feel good and ready to go. If I go to bed like I usually do around 11:30 or later then wake up at 7:15 I feel like crap and do not even feel like getting up and going to school. This is what I believe and think. If we could get out earlier then I think I would be an A B student because less work and more free time. That would make me wont to do my work unlike a full day of work then the end of the day I forget my home work. I feel like at the end of the day I am overwhelmed with my work and I think that’s why I forget a lot of my home work. It’s a lot of home work sometimes. Its just way to long for someone to sit in the same building with the same people for like 6 hours. It gets boring and makes you want to goof off with all your friends. Probably the best two parts about school is goofing off and doing something that is fun like watching movies so we do not have work in that class. Someday I hope that school will get shorter but when or if it does I will most likely be out of school, but if not then I think I would like school.