I believe that the University of Kentucky is the best college basketball program of all-time.

Thomas - Bardstown, Kentucky
Themes: sports

I believe that the University of Kentucky is the best college basketball program of all-time. Kentucky is second behind UCLA in national championships with seven and has played in 13 final fours. Kentucky leads the nation in most all time wins in division-1 college basketball history with 1,966. Kentucky has basically dominated the southeastern conference (SEC) with 43 conference championships. The Wildcats lead all NCAA schools in all-time winning percentage with .760. Kentucky’s all-time record is 1966 wins with only 621 losses.

When I think of Kentucky basketball, I think of greatness. I think of all the rich history they’ve had and how they’ve always been one of the best in the country. There’s nothing like walking into Rupp Arena and watching the Cats play. Billy Gillispie walks out into the spotlight and waves to the fans as they give him a standing ovation. There is just nothing like Kentucky basketball.

The fan base or the “Big Blue Nation” is always there for the Cats when they play at home. Rupp Arena is full every home game which has made Kentucky lead the country in attendance basically every year. Kentucky has always had great coaches including Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, Rick Pitino and Orlando “Tubby” Smith who all won national championships while coaching the Kentucky Wildcats. When talking about recruiting, Kentucky has always recruited nothing but the best. Kentucky has had many players become all-americans and go on to play professionally, including 91 being drafted to play for the NBA.

As you can tell Kentucky is the best college basketball program of all time. Everyone in the nation knows who the Kentucky Wildcats are because of their rich history. No other team has the history Kentucky has. Go Big Blue!