Katelyn - Woodland Park, Colorado

I believe that God intended the future to be mysterious. If anyone ever asked me what kept me going it would be natural to say the future, but what really keeps me interested is the mystery in the future. I don’t know where I’m going to college, I don’t know what I truly want start a career in, and I don’t know what relationships I will or will not be in, but that is why I’m still interested in the future. I believe that everyday is a mystery and can only be solved by living, but not just living, living in the presence. God will make everything work out. This I believe is why people were created. They were meant to let go of the past, hold on the present, and wonder about the future. My experience is that wondering and worrying are totally opposite things. I often worry about the future and what it holds for me, but when I simply wonder about it and not make it complex with “what-if” and “why” I find the future to be much more appealing. This I believe is why it is called the future, because you’re not supposed to worry about it until it is the present and then it is already here so there is nothing to worry about. I believe that the mystery of the future makes it worth living for.