With One Voice

Chelsea - Centennial, Colorado

“When a friend is in trouble, don’t annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it,” Edward W. Howe, an ornithologist and writer, said. I believe friendship is worth living for and friendship is worth fighting for, through the blood, through the sweat, and through the tears. My friends are the world to me; I wouldn’t be able to live without them. I believe it’s impossible to ever hurt anyone I care about. When they hurt, I hurt. When they cry, I cry. And when they laugh, I laugh. I wouldn’t be able to live without them; my friends make my life and make me who I am.

I have a friend who has recently had some issues with her boyfriend. One afternoon, she burst out crying and just seeing her in pain made me tear up. It wounds me to see any of my friends hurting. Another friend of mine was suicidal. It was so hard to hear the pain he put himself through and what he had done. A weight was lifted from my heart and mind when he got over it, stopping the ache.

If my friends are in pain and need something, anything, I’ll be there for them as I know they’d be there for me. No matter what, friends need a second chance if desired. I believe if someone does something wrong and they know it, they should be granted that chance to make up for what they’ve done – especially in friendship. Friendship is the tightest bond between people and it’s something not to be taken for granted.

I believe that every friend deserves another chance and that every friend is worth the world. I believe friendship is something that can last as long as a lifetime or as short as an hour, it all depends on the link between anyone and the care for each other they have. I love my friends and would do anything for them; I believe that’s worth something.