Do watever you want, no matter what anyone says

Mike - Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania

I believe in doing whatever I want no matter what anyone says. It’s been said we spend half of our life doing what we want and half doing what others want us to do. I used to make decisions based on the though ‘what would mom and dad think’ or ‘what would my friends think’. It’s a terrible way to go about living, and since I’ve changed my train of thought in decision making I’ve been significantly more happy.

I know what many people are thinking when they read this and the answer is no. I’m not just some irresponsible kid. I do what I want but that doesn’t mean I skip school or simply don’t do my work, in fact i do. But in every decision I make i cimply choose what will make me the happiness, and when it comes to school, an education makes me happy.

My main inspiration for the way i live my life comes from grumpy old men. I was once on a train alone listening to the conversation between an elderly man and who seemed to be his grandson. I was having a tough time but i was able to make out one line from the old man: “F*** it. I’m old.” After holding back my laughter i thought about what the man said. I was inspired. This man has spent his whole life doing the ‘right thing’ and he’s sick of it.

Life is too short for us to be told what to do. So do what you want. Make mistakes. But, most importantly, learn from them.