There is Always Life after Love

Tiawynne - Newville, Pennsylvania
Themes: love, setbacks

I believe in life after love. No one should give up just because they are heartbroken. Hearts heal and allow you to move on. Love isn’t everything like everyone makes it seem. Love only brings happiness for a short time, but if the right person is found it can last a lifetime.

My mother learned about how much life there is after love with my father. He wasn’t the most romantic or caring person in the world. I don’t think he ever truly loved her. I know she loved him, which is why she stayed with him. He was very mean and aggressive with her. She believed that there was no other life for her that she was doomed to be in that abusive, unloving relationship until the day she died. One day she started to realize that there was more to her life then the abuse, so she decided to leave.

My sister has gone through the heartbreak as well and didn’t think things would be any good anymore, but I helped her see that there is more to life then just love. She just ended a relationship that almost turned out to be just like my mother and fathers’. He choked her because he was mad that she was ignoring him. It scared me because I didn’t know if he seriously could have hurt her or not.

I personally don’t have any experiences with heartbreak so to speak. I have been let down by a guy I really liked. We had just gotten memberships at Golds Gym. I met our personal trainer. He was cute, so I was naturally interested, like most girls who see a cute guy. We had training sessions and chatted and got to know each other well. I got to hang out with him for several hours for a job shadow. We got to know each other. The more I got to know him, the more I started to like him.

Finally I got the courage to ask him out to the movies, he said yes. I was ecstatic. We went to the movies. All he wanted to do was text his buddies. After the movie I said thank you and bye and I left. After a while, I asked him out for another date he said yes again. The day came, and he didn’t show. I was devastated. I called him and asked him why he didn’t show, he said he forgot that he had made plans with some other girls. I cried.

I thought to myself, “How can I go back to the gym?” I couldn’t look at him again. I didn’t think I would ever like a guy again. I got to thinking and realized I can move on he’s just a guy I liked. He and I don’t speak anymore. There will always be life after love, so don’t lose hope if someone breaks your heart.