I believe in Hero’s

Whitney - Shepherdsville, Kentucky

I believe in hero’s. A hero is a person who is always there for you when you need them. Someone you can tell anything to, someone you look up to, and a person that listens to everything you have to say. A hero doesn’t have to be someone who is famous or someone you are related to, it could simply be one of your friends.

My hero is my mom. My mom is always there for me and I know she would do anything for me. My parents have been divorced for almost six years and I go back and forth from my mom’s to my dad’s. It is much easier for me to talk to my mom because I am really close to her. My mom and I are like best friends and I can tell her anything. When I have a problem with friends, boyfriends, or anything I can go to my mom and talk to her about it.

When my parents got divorced, I had a hard time with it and I didn’t really know what to do. I went to my mom and she helped me understand what was going to happen and where I was going to stay. She helped me through a lot of things, and I love spending time with her. We have so much fun with each other.

I know my mom is just a phone call away and I can call her anytime I want to. Even though I don’t always get to see her, I can still talk to her. My mom is the most heroic person I know. Most parents get mad if you do something wrong, but my mom helps me understand what I did wrong and gets the point across, but doesn’t do it in a way that makes me feel bad.

A few years ago I had a problem with on of my friends and I found that the only person I could talk to was my mom. She listened to every word I had to say, then told me what she thought was right. I took her word for it and did what she said I should do. She didn’t tell me what to do; she just explained to me what she thought was right and then let me decide what I thought I should do. I love my mom very much and nothing will ever change that. I believe my mom is my hero.