I believe that there is no one exact way to live one’s life.

Jesse - Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Themes: question

I believe that there is no one exact way to live one’s life. When you hear the word LIFE what do you think of? Is it the same as the person next to you or I would imagine? The answer is no, the 6.7 billion people on Earth don’t have one common belief nor goal, but what they do share is the belief itself. Known or not known by the individual our mind drives our body towards what we believe to be important and beneficial to our own well-being. No one person on Earth knows the answer to life, all they know is through faith what they have read and heard from previous words and voices.

It was towards the end of my junior year in high school when I began to question authority, as most youths do. I was sitting on the back pew of my church one Sunday, it was at the end where they play the organ and sing Just as I am, I watched everyone with their heads down and eyes closed. I listened to the preacher asking the congregation to come to him and pray with him to let “Jesus into their hearts”. I watched as one by one a child was led down by their parents or grandparents to accept this religious ritual, I saw their faces, I saw scared children that were confused and nervous, I saw myself. It was then I realized that I had no idea why I get up every Sunday morning to come hear the words from a man I didn’t understand nor wanted to, perhaps that was the problem. Perhaps slowly I was resisting the forces that put in that pew every Sunday morning for years. I left that day and never returned.

The question of religion is only one of the so many examples of what we as a whole live our lives for. People want to be a part of something bigger than one’s self, on a level determined by them based on what they consider acceptable. A person who has nowhere to go in life, in their mind, looks for help and answers. That is exactly what the church provides, it provides an answer, it has resources, and it is considered popularly to be the definition of a “good life”.

The inability of a human being to not question authority and to allow others beliefs and ways of life to be thrown upon them is atrocious. LIFE is what that one individual believes in based upon the limitless information from all cultures, religions, governments, countries, technologies, and every aspect another human has made accessible to a free mind. A free mind has the ability decide for itself, a free mind truly determines its own future, and a free mind has the right to disagree with every single word on this page. Your LIFE is your own, this I believe