I Believe in Music

Tristan - Centennial, Colorado

Again and again, as I walk outside, I have my iPod on, always playing something that I enjoy so that my walks or bike rides can be peaceful. I believe in a world where my music comes alive and cradles me and takes off the burden of my stressful life. Music is my life.

Again and again, people look at me oddly. I stare back, and realize my music is playing too loudly. If I am in a good mood, I will turn it down, just so only I can hear. If I am not, I can always play it even louder. I am not in pain, and if others are than they can walk out of range of my music. It is not my loss, because I prefer a less crowded environment anyways.

Again and again, the songs repeat. I have heard them at least a thousand times each. I know nearly all of the words and all of my favorite melodies. I could recite the chorus to Evanescence’s “My Immortal” but also tell you the key in which “Euro Dancer” (by DJ Mangoo) is played. If you have never heard the song, and you like it, I’ll gladly let you listen. If you don’t like it, it’s mine anyways.

Again and again, I sing the tune. The words flow, oh how beauteous they are. Woman or man, if they can sing, I will listen. Whether their words have meaning or no I will listen. If you ask my favorite song, I do not base it off the beat or the music, but the message. Their words, they can put me on vacation, they can let me fly through the clouds, and they can let me speak my mind. Words are the most important part of the music.

Again and again, the song of my life is sung. It goes forever and ever, and I sing with it, it repeats, and the people may look at me oddly, but see if I care. The music is mine, and always belongs to me, no matter who intercedes. In my music, I always win, and I am always on top. I don’t mind what everyone else thinks, because they cannot force their opinions on me, as long as my music is playing, anyways.