I Believe in Aliens

Jed - Madison, Wisconsin
Themes: science

I believe in Aliens.

That’s right, I believe in aliens. There are a lot of planets out there, trillions upon trillions upon trillions, even more. So don’t you believe that maybe just one, just one itty bitty planet might have the right living conditions for some sort of life? I do. There might even be more than one planet. There could be thousands, millions, maybe all the planets in outer space support life, we just don’t know it.

Even the government and NASA believe in aliens. The Voyager Spacecraft, launched into orbit in 1977 to explore Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune was equipped with a Golden Record. The Golden Record is a record that has pretty much a little bit of everything. It has greetings in every language, and 115 images of random stuff and so much more. The reason for the golden record is in case it is discovered by alien life forms (Why the government believes that aliens will understand the golden record and furthermore how to use it is beyond me.)

Another reason that I believe in aliens is that there are a lot of unexplained phenomenons out there. I would say that some of them might have been caused by aliens. Why not? If they are unexplained then they are unexplained. There is no scientific evidence to prove me wrong.

To conclude my short essay, I have something to say. I believe I am an alien.

You are probably thinking right now: This person is messed up. But right now I need you to bear with me. I don’t have any evidence to prove that I am really an alien. I do not have some extra internal organ, or odd body part, I have no weird DNA. But at the same time I do not have any evidence that leads me to believe I am not an alien. In fact I would go so far as to say that you, the person reading this right now, you are an alien.

“How could this be?” you are probably asking yourself. How could a 13 year old boy state that you are in fact an extraterrestrial and not a human being? “That is preposterous.”

Well in that case you are not an alien and in fact you are a human being. Now you are probably thinking: Why is he contradicting himself? Well the reason I am saying that is because it doesn’t really matter. As long as you keep an open mind you can believe anything. The Wright brothers believed that they could fly and invented something that would make them capable of just that: an Airplane. The point of this essay is mostly just to say: you can believe what ever you want to believe and you have the right to an open mind.