Luke - Bardstown, Kentucky

Have you ever been just sitting there staring off into space in some sort of deep concentration? That’s called daydreaming. I believe in the power of daydreaming. Daydreaming is an art. If you are really good at it, then when you do it you should be able to almost sleep with your eyes open. If you have ever been daydreaming, and I mean really daydreaming, then you know what I am talking about. Daydreaming has the power to take your conscience mind out of the real world without having to go and lie down and try to fall asleep. All I have to do to daydream is think about something so hard that I become completely unaware of my surroundings.

I daydream all the time. I mainly daydream, like most people, when something is really boring. For instance, school. I don’t think I could make it through a day of school If I didn’t know how to daydream. Sometimes I daydream more than I should and in places that I shouldn’t. I often find myself daydreaming during church, a funeral, or sometimes a wedding. I have to say that I do most of my daydreaming after a football game. I sit there in silence and I replay the game in my mind over and over and over again, thinking about things I could have done during the game that would have made it a better outcome. I then try to put these things into effect then next time I go to play. One time I was driving home from a game that we lost when I started daydreaming. Let me tell you it’s not a good idea to daydream while driving. I got pulled over, but luckily I got out of it without a ticket. If it wasn’t for daydreaming I bet that some really great inventions wouldn’t be around today. I often have some of my greatest ideas while I am daydreaming. A daydream isn’t like a regular dream. In a regular dream you don’t get to choose what it is your going to dream about or what happens in this dream. In a daydream you get to choose what the dream is about and what happens in it. It doesn’t even have to be like a dream. It could be just bunch of random thoughts in a row. I think that daydreaming should be a class in school. In this class you just sit there and do nothing but daydream for 45 minutes. Even though this class might sound stupid, I bet that some good ideas would come out of it. So the next time someone tells you that your wasting your time by daydreaming you tell them to read essay.