forgotten days

Ashley - portland, Oregon

There is little difference in everyone, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is your attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. You dig and dig on the little things because you’re afraid of the big things. Why? Why do people have to be so stubborn? Too scared to face the truth. They are too selfish to let themselves view the real world. Let it go. Let your mind wander.

Go back to the years that you have already forgotten and can no longer remember, it’s as if it’s a dream that has faded into the depths of your brain. All you can remember of these years are voices, you try to think hard but it is still too foggy to read. We were the ones that could teach the elders to be happy for no reason; we knew what we wanted to be in life, a fire fighter a doctor. Yes, it was just foolish Childs play, but maybe that’s all we need—to relax and not take things too seriously.

It is said that when one door closes another opens, but how can it when we hold it shut as if it is our dark closet with the monsters in it. The first step toward change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That’s all you have to do. Change is not something you do, it is something you allow. So allow the doors to open, open your mind to the real you. Let yourself live.

A quote I always go by is¬, if you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. You can’t always have your way so why waste your own time on it. This is your life; this is your time. The only time you’ll ever have. You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses, as Ziggy puts it. Your life is like clay, you can mold it into whatever you please. Don’t let others do your job for you, do it yourself–this is why you’re here. Love your life because it’s yours, live your life because it’s yours. It’s just the circle of life. That’s how it goes. If you set yourself up to be a winner you will be. Make your goals not because you are told do but because you want something out of this life. Push yourself to do your best.