Testy Writer

Cassie - Dillon, Montana

What do I believe about myself as a writer? I believe that I am a sloppy writer. I have had 12 years of writing experience but it still hasn’t caught on to me. I remember first days of writing where we wrote the simple stories such as: what was your favorite holiday memory or your greatest hero or what you want to be when you grow up. Now we’re writing about problems of today’s world and how we think they could be fixed or more detailed stories. Writing is something that takes time and patients both at which I have very little. I believe that there are better things you can spend your time on. Throughout my journey of learning how to write I have learned some; well obviously because I am writing this essay to you right now. I just have a hard time sitting there and putting my thoughts into words to make sentences. Usually after starting to write I read through my work and find that none of it makes sense, and then it just frustrates me because I had spent that much time on writing and end up having to erase it. During this English class I learned how to put more of my thoughts into my work and just feel comfortable about writing. If this class would’ve gone for two blocks I know I would’ve found myself a stronger writer. I wish writing wasn’t something you needed in life but truthfully it is with us every day. I know that writing frustrates me but I want to be able to write. I believe that if having the time given to someone anyone can conquer the fear of writing. Maybe someday I will conjure that fear. Even better I could write books on how to avoid procrastination or how to spark ones brain into being able to write easier, but that will probably be when hell freezes over. So I hope that none is holding their breath waiting for me. I believe that I am a normal writer not a brilliant one but I still can write.