Women should Not Go to Army

Kostyantyn - Sacramento, California

… I believe women should not go to army.

Everybody understands that going to war doesn’t mean going to the theater for fun. The main thing on the field of the battle is fighting, winning, killing and being killed. The soldiers have to be muscular and aggressive, abnormally vigorous, violent and physical. Do the women match all these criteria? Sure, some do. But, how about the rest? Not every man can brag about such abilities even though the man is much stronger physically than woman. Many people confirm that women can become strong enough by exercises. However, men and women are very different in body strength and muscle-work. The women can’t be enduring that much of physical burden as men can. They are not able to carry heavy survival gear, weapons and provisions in difficult military conditions, in bad weather or under parching sun’s rays.

The wars are not places to exercise courage. There is real possibility to be killed in battle. On the other hand, what can happen when a woman is captured? She can expect a bad attitude toward her, probably even worse than man can expect. The women are very emotional and under big and difficult experience, they can easy dive up. Not only physical suffering can overtake women. The really big, moral suffering woman can experience when her lovely baby doesn’t recognize her after a long being away form home. However, and it is more sad part, not everybody returns from the war. There are a lot of deaths. For me, the thought that while mom is fighting, her children get used to idea that killing is not a bad thing, is very sad, too.

Whereas, the children slowly forget mama’s face, her parents worrying about her every day. It is very important for kids to have a regular contact with mother, especially in infancy. When a woman is killed on the battlefield, it means that children lose something vital and necessary in their little lives. My grandma told me a sad story about big family. During World War II, in the battle by Kiev (Ukraine), a woman who worked as a teacher in my mom’s school was shot. She was about 33 years old and it war her second year in army. She saved many lives because she worked as a nurse. They went to war both- her husband and she. Her mother was taking carry of the children. After four long years of terrible battles and hunger, her husband returned home. He started to drink and became an alcoholic soon. His mother took care of his kids while she was alive. But then, they were divided in different orphanages and nobody knows what happened to them. We have enough suffering around us: the children suffer when they lose their parents, the parents suffer when they lose their children, people suffer from diseases, catastrophes and wars.

How many other responsibilities can woman put on her weak shoulders? Women, who are the best part of humanity, organized, punctual, self-sufficient, calm and kind are taking a burden beyond their strength. I would like to say all good words in the honor of women. But, why, very often women choose to do something strange for females? And for these strange ideas, they agree to give up a lot. They can give their babies to strangers for nursing; they can put their parents into big anxiety and bring them closer to death. We understand that the purpose of the country is to have a good army. The purpose of soldiers is to become winners and stay alive. So, women’s purpose is to insure a dependable back for men, logistics and pray for them. Then, each of us will do what he or she knows how.