Michelle - New Haven, Kentucky
Themes: sports

I believe in Kentucky Football. Their really isn’t anything better than waking up at the crack of dawn and putting on my #12 jersey and heading off to Lexington. I live for football season and especially my Kentucky Wildcats. The atmosphere when you enter Lexington is amazing. I can see the lines of cars with their UK flags waving proudly. It’s great to enter into the parking lot and see the people laughing, partying, and playing a little game of cornhole. The whole tailgating experience isn’t complete without cornhole. Everyone knows that. I usually arrive at the stadium 3 or 4 hours before. You may think that is a little crazy, but for me it’s not early enough!

I’m not the type of person who will cry when I watch a sad movie but when Kentucky beat UofL and LSU last year, I balled like a little baby. I really don’t know why I cried, it just happened. Tears were rolling down my face and I had no control over my body. Okay I guess I better tell ya’ll why I was crying. At the UK vs. UofL game I was sitting next to my cousin Kayla. She was a UofL fan and boy, am I telling you that was hard! We had both been talking smack throughout the whole game. There were only a few seconds left and Andre Woodson, UK’s quarterback, threw a perfect pass to UK’s running back, Stevie Johnson. The whole stadium erupted and everyone and everyone knew that UK had won. I turned to my cousin and the only words I could get out were OMG, which wasn’t even a complete sentence. Finally, after 5 minutes of crying and high-fiving everyone around me, I took off running. I ran all the way to the field and just fell onto the ground. I thought to myself, “Is this a dream?!” It certainly wasn’t and just a few weeks later UK pulled off a HUGE win upset against the number one team, the LSU Tigers. I was still so overwhelmed over the win against UofL, that when the LSU game was over I just sat back down and my seat and smiled. Watching the whole stadium, some 70,000 fans, run onto the field.