Kailyn - Littleton, Colorado

I woke up, a, mountain of blankets on top of me. My alarm clock said four o’clock. It is

a little funny, on a day that I could be sleeping I am wide awake with no chance of further sleep at four and yet when it is school that is beckoning for a day, it is difficult to wake up at five forty.

I poked a few of my toes out from under my warm mountain. It sure was cold! With a dramatic flourish meant to impress no-one but myself I jumped out of bed and into a hoodie and slippers. I then, tipped toed past both my parents and brothers rooms, down the stairs, and there stood a beautiful tree with colored lights and a mismatch of ornaments, each unique and meaningful to me. It was the most beautiful tree ever. Around it was an array of presents, an assortment of shapes and sizes; each holding something special for one of my family members inside of it. My heart fluttered at the sight. It is impossible to describe such a feeling but it is a quiet, but

absolute joy.

Someone had visited while I had been sleeping.

A few Christmas stories were lying under the tree, I picked them up, found a comfy spot,

and started reading. Twas’ the night before christmas…

I believe in Santa Clause.

But I believe in more then a “jolly old” man with a white beard and a red suit, and “eight

tiny reindeer.” I believe in what Santa Clause brings, to the holidays, I believe in what Santa

represent to me and millions of others.

A few hours later my family had woken up, and my grandparents had come over. It was

now time for the opening of presents,laughing, and family fun. I believe in the togetherness of the holidays, with my family. “Santa Clause,” and what he represents brings my family together, allows me to feel like I am a part of something, to know I am loved. This I believe in.

Santa Clause also represents a complete purity and graciousness. He and his “helpers”

get real no recognition for their gifts. They give just to give. It is an act of selflessness and benevolence, which are qualities we need more of in this world. This I believe in.

There is a magic to the holidays, a purity of giving, a family gathering; this I believe in!