I Believe Essay – Bike Rides

Michael - Issaquah, Washington

I believe that the little things in life shed light on the bigger picture. I ride my bike daily. The activity is simple and easy to do, but it has some truly special and unique values that I benefit from.

One such example is the number of tourism around my community. I can determine this because I am a master with cars from studying them constantly. I always know it is a rental car or a car under ownership. A rental does not sport dealer plates and is usually a base-level trim. Not only do the rental cars catch my eye, but also the residence cars. You never know what you’re going to see – a Lincoln Navigator, an Audi A4, or maybe even a BMW M3.

There is a huge array of apartment complexes near my house. When biking past the houses in my community, I can view a few of the windows and I’m always surprised by the decor people would be inclined to. Sometimes I may see candles in it, maybe a box of cheerios resting on a dinner table, or maybe even beautifully adorned Chinese paper fans. I always know when the decor has changed then a new occupant has moved in and it’s interesting to watch their patterns. Sometimes they move in for as little as 2 weeks.

Also, I always stop by the complex’s pool, and sometimes I am not aware of the dates of the year or the exact season that is currently taking place. They are always changing the pool according to the seasons. When it’s winter, I may see a fountain arranged into the heart of the pool and that implies it is not open for usage due to the colder climate. At summer’s onset, I may see staff members setting up colorful umbrellas and lawn chairs.

Nearing my ride’s conclusion, I can keep up with the construction work taking place in the empty areas of property and may ask a few questions of the workers. Once I may even make a blunder and run over a wet area of concrete and we’ll share a laugh or two.

Yes, I believe it’s important to keep up with the world as I do daily. The little things that can be found within this habit would surprise you. Who would have thought that by the completion of a simple bike ride, you could determine the amount of visitors and tourism within the area, see all of the deluxe and plush cars, watch how people change their decor with the time of year, and even get access to a free calendar. I can also make mistakes that can be shaken off with hilarity, and I can even gain exclusive information about my neighborhood’s future. Yes, the world around me is constantly in motion even when I am standing still contemplating my thoughts and translating them into this essay.