Scott - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

“Wake up, pick your feet up, hop out of your bed and quietly embrace the new day with a sigh”, Bob thought to himself. That’s how Bob felt everyday. He would just sit there as his thought pattern continued to run and ideas kept blowing onto his paper. His pencil hitting 10 mph drawing, sketching the key to enter his own personal heaven, but he already knew ”This is not easy.” He enjoys this feeling, not because it will lead him to a promise land, but it gives him this cerebral stimulation that excites him to no end. Bob is a thinker, a man with many ideas, so many inventions that could possibly make life easier or help the world.

Days go by and the ideas become reality, but factuality makes them incomplete. He slaved to his brain for hours from morning to straight into the night. It was common to him. He did this everyday hoping for a break through in his work. “There has to be way to fix this.” Then it finally hits him. His project was missing something, something so small and so insignificant that he almost laughed his head off. “Wow, it was that simple.” He got right up and went on with his work. His work of art was complete and before you knew it, he solved one of the many puzzles of the world. With his plan in hand and his momentum in check, he went out to show the world his plan. In a black suede suit, he was handed a check and countered that with a check to the local orphanage. With money in hand, took his idea and help shape the world.

The moral? It’s quite obvious if you look hard enough and let the story soak in. Shut your eyes and lay back, go deep in the corner of you mind, in every box and open every door. If you don’t want to that’s fine. The moral is to never give up. Understand that life is not neutral, not even when life is half good and half bad. The thing is that life dishes both out at different times and you have to be ready. Adapt to it and work through it because you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

I used to think like I would never get anywhere in life. I thought that I had skills that could manifest into something great. I guess it was because I was not mature, or that I was constantly surrounded by people who were better then me. My memory is pretty bad, but I remember loving sports since I was younger and I was surrounded by people better then me, stronger, faster, smarter, I just had a low self esteem, that never looked like it would ever rise up and take control of me. It took awhile for me to build that confidence. I wanted to be better then them, be more MVP them any of those people.

That was just an example, but it was true. Yeah it’s not a major story to wow everyone with, but it makes the point. Bob and me have a lot in common, not just me though, it’s everyone else to. Like Bob, I don’t give up that easy on something. Like Bob, I want to figure out what I’m missing and figure it out. I want that better after that accomplishment. If I get knocked down, I get right back up. I don’t know when to quit. I believe that “never give up” factor.