All Alone In My Cornner I found myself

Jasmine - Kansas City, Missouri

I remember sitting in a corner during recess at my elementary school. I thought to myself, “I am the fat girl and nobody wants to play with a fat girl. “ I started to consider myself ugly because I was fat. Then I told myself my friends liked me only because they had to. One field day at my elementary school someone said, “I don’t want her on our team because she is fat, and therefore, she is slow and gets tired fast.” In the corner, once again I sat. One of my friends asked me why I was crying, but I did not answer her. She asked again. I still didn’t answer. I thought it would be enough to just try and lose weight by working out like riding a bike and doing sit-ups, but that was not enough because of the way I eat and what I eat. That is still the problem. I have to solve it myself.

When I think of inner beauty there are two quote that I will always remember “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts…take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature” by Marcus Aurelius. Recently, my mom told me this “Believe in yourself.” I had to think happy thoughts to make me feel better. To believe in yourself you have to think it before you can believe it much like the saying “Practice what you preach.”

I never wanted be big quite and shy. That stuff just happens to make me, well I guess me. I never want to put myself in the corner again. I am thankful that my friends were there to ask m skinny enough, I do have hidden beauty on my side. That is why I truly believe everyone has a hidden beauty.