The Things We Will Do

Kimberly - USA
Themes: humanism

There is not anything else in the world I believe stronger in than myself. I think my belief can be obtained as a negative and selfish manner. I am not the only person to live and abide pure selfishness. Most people live for themselves and never take in consideration of others. The world is made up of unique individuals. Individuality is what makes you different from the person next to you. I think in everyone’s lives they were inconsiderate. I believe people only live to survive for themselves.

From sports to jobs, everyone competes to be the best of the best. There will be a time of struggle, in which, people presume matters into their own hands. They will deplete peoples’ reputations to ensure their position as the number one spot. No one wants to be at the bottom of the bunch in life. Many people want to be successful in a crucial time. They will go to the extreme to knock others out of the race to be first.

A few years ago, my friends, a several relatives, and I went out to eat at O’Charley’s to celebrate my birthday. The polite waitress sat us down at the tables set up from large parties. We all took our seats and order our drinks and bread. After the waitress left, some people got up from table to go the bathroom to wash theirs hands. As they are in the bathroom, the waitress brings out drink and bread. She started to take our food order as we demolish the dinner rolls. Everyone who went to the bathroom did not have a roll when they got back. They did not even get to order their food. It was not wrong that they did not get any dinner rolls. It was not even wrong that they did not get to order their food. The problem was no one cared enough to tell the waitress to come back to finish the remainder of the orders. The waitress brought out the first group’s order, while the second group watched them eat their food. Then, finally the second order came out. After waiting on the second group to finish, everyone was talking to each other across the table. Eventually we began to interrupt the tables surrounding us.

Now as I think back to that night, we all played a role in being selfish people. We never thought twice about what we did, or if we even thought about it. We did not try to leave them out on purpose. It was just a natural instinct to get the food that waitress gave to us. Even though it was not an enormous situation, it could have easily been turned into a dramatic war. Everyone does this without noticing it because they think of themselves before others. From the business world to the toy store, people were born selfish. This is the prime example why I believe all people have selfish behavior.