Joy Is Love

Travis - Higley, Arizona

Joy Is Love

In today’s twenty first century we have more technology, than we ever dreamed of having. During my mom and dad’s divorce I looked for joy to take my mind off of the pain. And only temporary joy I could find. I believe love is the only long lasting joy in life.

After the divorce I remember begging my mom for toy’s when we went to the store and I usually got what I wanted. She didn’t know what else to do, but to buy me the things I wanted so I could get my mind off of what had happened. Because of her misplaced kindness she was trying to “buy” me love and I never found the long lasting joy I wanted so much I continued to suffer the agony of the divorce.

Today I am seventeen and have found in the darkness that only love can bring someone long lasting joy. I see people today who are just like me. People who are searching for the one thing to turn their lives around, to give them the happiness of joy. They find happiness in an IPod, a PS3, or even a new car but their joy is temporary. It lasts for a minute, five minutes, or maybe five days; technology and no man made thing can bring the joy that love brings. Through the roughest times my family has been there for me and I have been there for them. We have been through fights, through tears, yet we are still there for each other. There is warmth in our hearts that holds dear ones close. A hug, a smile, or even a simple hello from someone I know (or do not know) brings me joy; I find love out of the simple things in life. I find this because I realize that these people are doing something for me out of the kindness of their hearts. It’s their sincerity that brings me love, and that makes me do the same for other people. All of this spreads joy; the feeling that there are people out there that are on your side not even knowing the situation.

Money can buy anything in the world, but love and love is what everyone needs all around the world no matter the race, religion, or even the ethnicity. I live by this statement to this day. My mom things to temporarily take away the pain and at the time neither me nor my mom weren’t helping me. It was the love of my family and friends, love that I couldn’t get out of a toy, or technology, the love that they gave me and that was everything I needed to survive the hardest thing in my life thus far.