Family Is Important

Osiris - Spartanburg, South Carolina

I believe family is most important. They are there for you when no one else is and have been there since the beginning. They stick with you, through the good, the bad, and the ugly, wither you want them to or not. They can be your greatest ally and enemy all in one setting. You might not always see eye to eye with them but the love you have for them and they have for keeps you together though thick and thin.

I remember when I was about 10 and my dog, wisdom, ran away. We were living in Charlotte, NC and we were living in an apartment complex right next to the main road. I was going outside when suddenly I saw a blurry furry little critter run out the door. I ran after him, but he was too fast for me. I chased my dog the sidewalk of the main road until my mother passed me coming down the main road. She parked in the apartment complex and scared and a little upset she told me to come back. She asked me what had happened and I explained to her that that the dog ran down the street. She assured me that we would find him. My mom, dad and I hopped in the car and we search for the dog for at least an hour and a half.

After, we searched and while on the way home we ran into a flyer that said “Missing Dog Found” and we knew right away that the flyer was talking about wisdom. We headed over to the address and we rang the doorbell, some people came to the door and we asked about the dog they found, it was wisdom and we were very happy to know that. He had been hit by a car that kept on going, but luckily he survived and the car behind the car who hit him took him to the hospital. We were grateful of the people who had taken care of our dog so my dad game them a reward, even though they had not asked for one in person or on the flyer.

That day I learned to make sure my dog stayed in the house when I went out, I also learned that my family would be there for me when I needed it the most. They took time out of their day to help me find my dog, not to mention the gas. It was important to them that they kept me happy and that is one reason why they are very important to me. I am 17 now and to this day I still have my energetic little and glad he is still here.