Friends Forver

Laura - Bensalem, Pennsylvania

There are many things that I believe in but something special to me is true friendship that lasts forever. I believe this for many reasons. One is because I met my best friend when I was two. (Don’t ask me how I remember this I just do.) We have been in different schools since 6th grade but have remained best friends.

When I was two I met my best friend. We met at a home and school meetings our mothers were at. We were in the same class from kindergarten to 5th grade. No matter what we always had each others back. My best friends name is Amelia and we used to do everything together.

There was a time in 4th grade my sister had gotten into a really bad car accident but my parents didn’t want me to know. I went to Amelia’s like it was a normal day and stayed there. Every time I called my mom she told me that she would be there soon. I got really scared when Amelia’s Mom sat me down to tell me what had happened and that my sister was going to be in the hospital for a while. When I found out what had happened Amelia was by my side the whole time. I didn’t want to do anything, but Amelia was doing everything she could to cheer me up. We watched my favorite movie, played my favorite games and made cards for my sister.

A few years ago Amelia moved to Yardley and I moved to Bucks County. We hadn’t seen each other in a while so I called and Amelia to see if she wanted to hangout. When she answered she told me her cousin just passed away. He was 23 and was hit by a drunk driver. I was speechless. This had never happened before and I didn’t know how to react. I told my Mom what happened and we rushed over to their house. I did exactly what she had done for me, I stayed by her side and help her get through it all.

Now we are both junior’s at two completely different schools. We still see each other now and then and catch up on the phone every weekend. Its harder to see each other now with jobs and school work but we try. Recently I was going through a very hard time. A very close friend of mine was battling cancer and passed away. I called Amelia right away and she stayed at my house for three days to make sure I was okay. I would have to say that doing that shows she is a true friend. We have been through so much together and even though we live far from each other we have always remained best friends.

Because of all that has happened to us and we have been though it all I know that we will be friends forever.