I can dream again

Jacqueline - Southfield, Michigan

For me, with Barack Obama being the President Elect of the United States, gives me hope to dream again.

People may say, why would Barack Obama inspire you? It gives me hope, when corporations merger, layoffs or even when companies go bankrupt with no help in sight. With record foreclosures and everyone is uncertain about the future; I have the opportunity to dream again.

For me,it started when I was a little girl, when my parents told me that I could be anything, if I put my mind to it. I when to school and worked hard climbing corporate ladders.

Finally, the day came when the merry go around trip was over. Cutbacks, layoffs and rumors of companies going under continue. The life of corporate america finally killed the hope and the America dream of having a middle-class lifestyle started to died within me.

Physical burnout and mental exhaustion happen and there was nothing I could do about it. My passion for my business started to die because of slow sells and the slump in the automotive and housing industies. Many people have fallen into this catalogy of having no hope, more than I could ever imagine.

My dream of having a decent job and living the middle-class lifestyle was being threaten. I was struggling with the 9-5 grind of a job to even think about my dreams in life again.

Barack Obama gives me hope in my dreams for the future again. He represents the ability to do all I can do and still strive to be the best that I can be. I started to dream again, not only for me and my husband, but for my unborn children and the community I live in.

Yes, the economy is bad, but I have to look at other alternatives in life. To use my passions and gifts to make a living for me. By doing this, I can encourage others to do it by not only by my words , but by my actions and works.

Mr. Obama gives millions hope in the American dream and gives me a spark of hope that everything is going to be fine.

With this hope, I will be able to not only reach for the moon, but to go behond the moon and the stars.