I believe in choice

Stephanie - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I believe in choice

When you ask a little kid, “Hey, what do you want to be when you grow up?”. They look up at you and the possibilities of what they might say are endless. Ever since I was little, I’ve been choosing one thing over the other. From what bottle I wanted to drink out of to what socks I wanted to wear, to where I want to go to college and whom I will vote for in the next election.

I believe this because, I have chosen to become who I am now and I will choose who I will be in the future. I don’t remember anyone choosing who I became. I choose who I hang out with; I choose who my friends are. I choose whom to be influenced by. I choose to do what I want, but I always make sure I know the consequences to what I choose to do.

I also believe friends should be valued. Well at least I choose to value my friends, because I know I can count on them any time. When something comes up, there the people I can go and talk tot, and they’ll understand. I have this one friend, she’s awesome, and I can go to her and tell her anything. She is there for me for the good and bad times. I choose to be her friend. No one picked her out for me.

I choose to trust some people; I choose not to trust other people. I choose to care I and choose not to care. I choose to be a better person and learn from my experiences. I’m glad I get to choose because I have total control over it, even though people might not think so. There are many things that influence what I choose, for instance peer pressure, family, role models etc, but at the end it’s my choice, it’s what I want. Choosing is the product of our own decisions.

I believe in God and I choose to be a part of the Catholic Church.

I believe in only one religion but choose to learn about others.

I believe in love and I choose to love.

I believe all people shouldn’t be trusted, but I choose to trust anyways.

I believe in life, so I choose to make life worth living.