I Believe in Music

Victoria - Woolwich Twp., New Jersey

What do I believe in? That is such an easy question to answer, at least for me it is. There is not one day I go through without cranking up the volume, whether it’s in my car or at home. I believe in music and love it because there is so much passion put into it, rap or rock. Passion is definitely priceless, and when it is present in music, there is nothing better.

Sure, listening to the tunes from my I-pod or on the radio is nice, but nothing beats going to shows. That is where I truly see the heart put into the song. A timeless beat makes a song catchy, but throw in good lyrics and it’s a hit. I know from going to the local shows that it is a talent to scream. If you ever get the chance, go to one because watching the vocalists scream their lungs out puts me at a loss for words. Yeah, that type of hardcore scene is not everyone’s forte, but there is major feeling put into it.

I believe that music is there to be listened to and not looked over. After all someone took the time to make it, and why let work go to waste? I wish I had the gift to make music, and maybe that’s why I love it so much. It is not just a phase for me; it will stick with me forever. Sure some may disagree but I feel sorry for those that don’t give music a chance. It’s not like it takes up time; it makes time.

All I know is that when I am feeling under, music is there to lift me up. Even when I’m at my happiest it makes me feel even happier. My head spins with how many genres there are out there, but with that said anyone can listen to what they like. I like everything except for country. That’s just not my scene, but I bet you, you’ll find me at a show not just at my age of seventeen but maybe even sixty.