Telsa - Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Themes: morality

‘This I believe.’ I believe in remaining abstinent until marriage. I believe that sex is a covenant between a man and a woman that is made on their wedding night. Common sense begs me to ask myself, “Why?”. Why does everyone insist that having sex makes you ‘popular’? Why do we girls feel as if we have to give our innocence to a guy who won’t stay with us forever like he promised? Why give it to a guy who doesn’t have enough respect for me to not ask me to compromise who I am for a moment in time of great passion? Even so, sex is everywhere. It’s around every corner. It’s on television, it’s in musick, and it’s in movies. Point blank, sex sells. Everyday, a girl sacrifices her moral code on the words of an unworthy guy under the impression that he won’t love her anymore if she doesn’t have sex with him. No one ever shows the downside to having sex. All you see is the glamour side of it and how great it’s supposed to be. Girls need to listen; the media side of sex doesn’t tell us that if we have sex, we could wind up pregnant. We would be giving birth to a child when we are but children ourselves. The media doesn’t talk about Sexually Transmitted Diseases. They ignore the fact that unprotected sex could leave you with a disease that you will live with until it kills you. They leave out HIV, AIDS, genital herpes, gonorrhea, and the many more that are out there. I should never regret what I’ve done. I should not have to deal with guilt when I find that special someone who loves me for who I am and wants nothing more than for me to be happy. I should not have to deal with the pain that comes along with explaining to my future husband what I’ve done with other guys before him. Not only that, I would hate to have to tell him that I had an STD that couldn’t be cured.