You’re Happiest When You Do What You Want

Michelle - gilbert, Arizona

You’re happiest when you do what you want

You’re happiest when you do what you want. Why? I believe this because when you’re doing what you want, you don’t have a problem with what you’re doing. When you’re doing something that someone else wants you do you get angry.

I’m happiest when I’m with my friends. One day I went to the mall with some of my friends, strolled slowly passed windows, stopping to peer into most of them. My friends plead for me to hurry up. I like to look at a bunch of things at once, not just to stand there looking at one thing at a time. Although they get angry, I was happy because I got to look at what I wanted to look at and not what someone else was looking at. It’s like I go into my own world when I shop or do some type of work or even the simplest things. I doze off into my own world and nobody else is there, but really there are people there, watching me.

I think you’re happier when you do things that you want to do while nobody else is telling you want to do or not to do. I’m kind of different then everyone else. I like to do certain things my way. I won’t listen to certain things people try to tell me. Such as living my life, doing the dishes a certain way, how to do homework, and what friends I can and can not have. Things like that I really don’t care what other people have to say.

One time I was with my dog in my front yard and this lady walks up and says to me, “you need to put your dog inside my kid is allergic to dogs!” I looked at her and said, “No, this is my yard and you don’t live here so it doesn’t matter so just keep walking!” I felt bad, but at the same time, I was enjoying the weather outside in my front yard. I don’t like when people try to tell others what to do. I have to stand up and tell those people that it’s my life and I will do what I want!

That’s why I believe people are happier when they do things that they want to do. I will live my life how I want to live it and not how someone else wants me to. Just be careful on some of the things you do because it might hurt someone or even hurt yourself!