The bad can be good

Latecia - Sacramento, California
Themes: purpose, setbacks

The Bad Can Be Good

I believe that the bad can be good, that everything happens to us for a reason. God never gives us more than we can handle no matter what the crazy event is in our lives. This has a big effect on me because even though we may think someone is our friend or be so close with them, they can easily turn in an instant for no reason at all.

One day my brother Louis lent his friend Travis his bike for the day. Towards the end of the day Travis came back telling Louis that his bike was stolen by some people he owed money to. At this time Louis had a bad attitude about life and thought he could do anything that he was invincible. Louis is fourteen and Travis is sixteen, clearly there is a big age difference. Louis tried to make Travis go get his bike back but he was too scared. Louis walked away with Travis at this time he turned on my brother. He stabbed him five times, Louis walked back towards us. He had blood everywhere, he had the look on his face that he couldn’t believe what had just happened. He was puzzled and in a state of shock.

After this Louis really looked at his life about who he could really trust. Now he’s got his head back on his shoulders, back in school, he’s trying to be the best he can possibly be. He has his good days he has his bad but nothing compared what had happened the day that his bike had been stolen. It’s a harsh reality but this really affected Louis in many ways it changed his whole perspective on life he’s really learned from this tragic event. For me I would have never chosen this for my brother but at the time I just say to myself it could have really been worse.

I hear people talk about the unexpected events or paths they take and sometimes it’s a mystery or they say “why did this happen to me?” but the outcome is really for the greater good. I’ve learned life takes turns sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse but all in all it really opens our minds. We just have to learn to read the signs it may be hard but there out there. The bad can be good it’s not what we want to hear but it happens to the best of us. For some it’s a good thing for some they stay on that path leading to knowhere.