Tomorrow I Die

Kelly - Desert Hills, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living everyday like it is your last. One weekend in November of last year, my family and i decided to take a trip to the dunes. On the way there we saw four big trucks on the other side of the road. As we watched the trucks pass, we realized that the last truck had some kind of a circle shaped tank with a hole on the top. We could see that it was not tied down good enough because it was wobbling back and forth. As the truck got closer to us, the tank lifted off the truck. It looked like someone let a ballon go, but this ballon was the size of a small car. As it lifted in the air, it moved over to our side if the road. We were headed straight for it. It was like looking death right in the eyes. In a split second my dad had to make a choice of what to do. He swerved into the median. As we got closer to the tank, a gust of wind came up and pushed the tank off of the road.

My dad said that if we would have hit the tank, we would have died. This is just one example of why I believe in living ever day like it is your last. I never know when my life will end. Lets say I were to get in a fight with a close friend and were too stubborn to fix the problem. What if something were to happen to them? I would feel horrible knowing that my last words with this person were bad ones.

I believe, that if everyone were to live like it was there last day to live, the world would be a better place. Husbands and wives would care for each other more. Friends would not let the petty things get to them. People with grudges would give forgiveness. Kids would treat their parents with more respect. Parents would cherish their children more. People are scared of lots of things, but more than anything, people are scared of death. If we live as though it was our last day, we wouldn’t have to worry about it. We would be ready to die.

There is a song that talks about a guy that found out he only had a week to live. He said during that week he became a new man. He did things that he was too scared to do before, like go skydiving and rock climbing. He gave forgiveness that he had been denying. He said he became a husband that he usually wasn’t and a friend that a friend would like to have. He started reading his Bible more often. He said that he wished everyone could live like that. These lyrics show how someone would live if they knew they were gonna die soon. This song explains why I believe in living like its its my last day to live.