Finding control in your life

dillon - beaverton, Oregon

Finding control in your life

I believe that you and only you can control the outcome of every thing in your life. And being a kid that got almost every thing he wanted and never had to work for it im am glad that I have finally found this belief. For years I would just expect things for free but now I understand that it’s better to work for them so that way in my heart I know I actually earned it.

My eyes were opened finally to this brutal truth when my brother enlisted in the marines and was then sent to serve in North Carolina. The first year he was gone it was hard for all of my family but I soon realized that he is doing this to save his country and he is doing this to try and save his fellow Americans. Every day he is training he is faced with difficult choices but he always ends out on top, he always controls the outcome of the task at hand and any difficult decisions he must make.

I personally have had my share of decision making to. I had to decide if I should do my homework or play videogames and weather to cheat on a test or study. What im trying to say is that every minute of your life you are faced with tough decisions and sometimes you may make a bad one but you made that decision for a reason cause you though it was what was right.

It was about two years ago when I was in eighth grade I kind of hung out with the wrong crowd that I started to put this belief in effect. I always though that they were the “in group” and that they were awesome but I was the one always getting picked on so I just decided to control the situation and I grew kind of apart from that group and found a new one. Ill admit though on occasion I still will go and hang out with them because they are cool guys and now that it’s been two years I think they have matured a lot so we get along great.

This is the reason why I say that you and only you can control the outcome of everything in your life. All you need to do is think of the best decision to make for the outcome and do it if sits wrong to somebody else that’s there opinion not yours if you thought it was right then it was.