This i believe

Rick - town, Maryland
Themes: change, place

T his I Believe. I believe that travel is a very important part of life. I believe that subconsciously all humans have a strong desire to travel, and travel often. Traveling has been sought after for many years and has been seen and glamorous and for rich people, but people all over dream of traveling to far away places. Now with modern technology traveling has become much more available and affordable to the average Joe six pack. Traveling takes you away from all the problems and everyday stresses of real life, all worries go away. Once the problem is out of sight it is out of mind. Also traveling makes a person well rounded, the more cultures and lifestyles a person has encountered the better rounded they become. Many times certain regions are biased and traveling will help people put themselves in other people’s shoes. Many people’s ideas of other places are made up mainly of what is learned through the media (which is also biased). People need to get out there and experience all of these things firsthand. But because people are afraid to travel they miss out on this opportunity, and then instill this fear into their children; this is an on-going problem. I believe that everyone should travel once a year and move at least twice in their lifetime.