Who I am as a Writer

Troy - USA

I believe in myself to write papers to best of my abilities. I feel I have become more in depth with knowledge of reading and writing. I believe that with my writing and reading everyday for at least a half an hour a day makes me better myself everyday and soon enough hopefully I will be a “master.” Practicing everyday makes writing a little easier.

You may ask do I like writing. The honest answer is, no I don’t. But when it comes time to write I give it my best and think of all the times I had grammatical errors and I try and not make the same mistake. This is why I think my not liking to write actually helps me because of the fact that I don’t think my paper is good so I am always proofreading and trying to revise. I always are trying to rearrange the words around always erasing and deleting and adding words just trying to find the right combination. This to me is making me become a better writer because I am always having people proofread and asking them to give very critical responses.

In my writing I believe that I have encountered some difficult task at hand that has motivated me. When a difficult task now comes to me I take it full on and I don’t back down. I make sure that I do it to the best of my ability because I know I have had some tough tasks before. When I have a tough task and have a hard time getting started I always go back to the time when my freshman English professor told me to just write anything down just to get your brain going. It has worked for every paper so far when I get stuck and don’t know what I have to write.

Now when I write I just make sure I know what audience I am writing for and make sure I work hard. I have a lot of confidence now in my writing. I make sure that I do everything to the best of my abilities because I have been grateful enough to have great teachers that have gave me a lot of knowledge and I also have had the opportunity to have great examples to follow. My belief as writing is I may not like it but when I have to write I will write to the best of my ability cause that’s all I know how to do.