Writer In Training

Amanda - Silver Springs, Nevada

I believe myself to be a writer in training. As a writer it is hard to express myself sometimes. Thoughts in my head go by so quick I can’t write fast enough at times. It’s like a car speeding by on the highway, going who knows where and how far. What I truly believe though is I still have a lot to learn, as a writer and a person. Not just in grammar or in spelling but in how I feel when I write. Every work is an expression of one’s self. A little piece of myself is put into every one of my works. I write poetry and maybe some short stories for fun. One I am particularly found of is “Yin and Yang” it is a poem to inspire people born under the sign of the Pisces. I wrote it at first to inspire myself because I was born under the sign Pisces. The poem talks about the push and pull within our hearts. How we as people need to overcome that and forge our own way. This work has been published in a book of poetry and has made me a lot more confident in my writing. I see writing as a path of self discovery. Putting out into the world what our thoughts are is an amazing thing. I feel that I might have touched some lives with my poem. A few simple words strung together can work magic. I hope I have made magic happen within someone’s heart. What an incredible thing writing can be. It can create so many different things in so many different people’s minds. It is a joy and a privilege to be able to put my thoughts and feelings down. To make my dreams tangible and share them with anyone and everyone is what writing is all about. I write more and more each day. With this practice I have become faster at catching my thoughts as they speed through my head. As I go through life I intend to scrape out my path one word at a time. Writing is not a race it is a jog. It is meant to be taken leisurely and enjoyed.