Confusion in height

Matthew - West jefferson, North Carolina
Themes: tolerance

This I believe. How does it feel to be tall, but people think you’re short? I will tell you what it means to be picked on about something that is not true. All through my High school years I have been 5 foot 3. Mean people say I am short, or a midget, which is not true. Every day at school through my life all I hear from kids is “Hey , look it’s a midget,” “Hey shortsh**,” “Hey, Matt you can maybe fit in there,” and finally “ If your small, you might have a baby pe***;” that is not even true and besides they don’t know how big I am in height and size of my groin. Those are the hurtful story of words that I hear people say at school. People know it is hurtful words but people just say because they feel that they are over the law or they think that they are better than you. I believe that I could talk to mean people and change their thoughts about smaller people. I believe that I could help smaller people to deal with people’s revolting and discriminating words.

Being 5 foot 3 is not a short size; it is actually tall for my age. 4’11 is short. I don’t know why people say that being 5 foot 3 is short. I think it is just wrong that people these days get made fun of because they are short or too tall or fat. I believe that judging the person before knowing the person is not right and wrong. We have to get to know the person before we critize a person. It would give us a sense if a person is kind or not.

I believe that I could change the mean people’s thoughts about smaller people. I believe that they can learn respect and how to show it to the people that they were used to making fun. If I could change a mean person’s thoughts they could be a good person. They could also feel that they did a nice thing for someone. Changing thoughts can make this society of people a lot nicer and kinder and have more respect for the American citizens.

I believe helping smaller people on how to deal through mean people’s words could shed some light in not being discriminated, or riduculed about your height. People’s words can be discriminating but, being a better, kinder person is all the Society needs and they are called good citizens. That’s what I believe, it is helping people with dealing words that can hurt you.

These are good values that could help the society. If we just learn to get along the world would be a lot better in togetherness.We do not need any more discrimination from people who do not like smaller people, race, or color. This I believe all we need is to change our thoughts about other people.