Take every chance you can, don’t regret anything

Joy - Auburn, Washington

I am seventeen years old and a junior in high school. As I get older and closer to adulthood, I am realizing that it is important to take every chance I can at different affairs; that I should live life to its fullest and try to get something out of every minute that passes by. I become more aware of this every time I get stressed from something associated with school. For example, I have time periods in which I fall behind in certain classes due to having a busy life. It stresses me out so much if I feel or know that I am failing at a subject to the point that I break down and have an anxiety attack basically.. I do not like being a failure one bit. Its almost as though my brain shuts down from being so overwhelmed. All in all, I have to remember that I put myself into these positions and that I have to make do with what I have at hand. I should also try to remember to not regret what I’ve done, but to roll with the punches and try my best.

Various interests that take up a large amount of my time include: multiple choirs, sports after school, my social life, drama club and working on plays and musicals, etc. All of these are factors in my life that I could not see myself living without. I have chosen it to be this way because I want to get those experiences out of high school and being a teenager before they’re gone. They bring happiness to me and shape who I am as a person. I’ll admit that I could definitely cut back on some of these activities such as the social life and trying to make time for friends; instead, I should be putting effort into my schoolwork. Once high school is over I’ll never get to relive and have other chances at what is offered. My friends will always be there after school. Therefore, I need to include my school as something that is worth making that effort towards having a happy future.

I decide that in my life I want to take advantage of opportunities given to me, instead of letting them pass by; this I believe is the right mindset to making difficult decisions in life, because in the long run it will make me happier in life.