The Power of the Page

Lucinda - Dillon, Montana

I believe that I never really have a voice when I talk. The only time that I have a voice is when I write. I believe that writing is the only way I can truly understand myself. It gives me the opportunity of pick apart my past and learn from my mistakes. I believe that the words I write are truer than anything I could ever say. I have trouble finding the words to speak but when I write I always know just how and what I want to say. I would rather write something out than actually say it. I have always felt stupid when I talk but I never feel that way when I write. I believes that writing allows me to truly be the real me without all the masks. To me writing is like breathing if I did not write I would surely die. As a writer I can have complete and total control over what is going on to the page and I know what materializes on the page is really mine. I know the fact that I took a clean blank page and turned it into something that hides little parts of me in every single world. I believe that is something that I can truly be proud of. I believe that writing is a way to explore all the different worlds and all the different part of myself that rattle around in my brain. I believe that writing is the greatest from of expression and freedom that I could ever hope to have. Everything that accumulates in my mind over the days and weeks and everything that I could never even think of saying can be put on the page and make a whole lot more sense than they ever could have inside of my head. I believe that a writer is what I want to do with the rest of my life. If I could spend every day simply writing I would be content for the rest of my life. I believe that nothing can ever stop me from writing. I believe in the power of words and the power of myself as a writer.