Humor is the most important thing

Cody - Beaverton, Oregon

I don’t know why but when there is somebody funny in the room the mood is always much brighter. Not many people have the talent to make people laugh on a regular basis. It is a skill that only a select group of people obtain. I believe that humor is the most important gift that you can give to anybody. I f this isn’t true then why do people get such joy out of a comic standing on stage and telling jokes. One of my all times favorite comedians is Adam Sandler he is hilarious and I can’t exactly tell why.

Adam Sandler is in many popular movies such as Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and Big Daddy. These movies are very different but similar at the same time. They have completely different themes and ideas but the one thing that they have in common is that they can always put people in a great mood. Adam Sandler once said “Golf is just like hockey except you have to wear goofy pants and have a fat a**,” as told in the movie Happy Gilmore. These types of jokes make people laugh and they have a gene Sequa that not many other things in life do.

I believe that the only way you can learn to be humorous is just to let out a gut busting laugh. Once you get the feeling of laughter you will never want to go back to feeling melancholy. Laughter is what fuels our life, without laughter we would have black souls and everybody would always be tired and angry at the world.

It was on November 1997 that I saw “Happy Gilmore” for the first time and after that moment aspired to become the next Adam Sandler. Happy Gilmore is about a washed up hockey player who finds that he can drive a golf ball 500 yards. Throughout the movie he cracks jokes and makes fun of people and says things that you just can’t help but to laugh at. After this moment I felt the true meaning in life, laughter and boy did it feel amazing. Laughter is contagious so as the laughs go around be sure to get yourself some so that you can be happy and not sad.

Humor is a way of self expression and I think that it is important thing that one needs to learn before many other things. Being able to find something funny in every situation you come across in your life is a skill that I believe everybody needs and if you have it then you need to share it with the rest of the world

-Cody Damman