Killing Is Wrong

azniv - auburn, Washington
Themes: death

Killing Is Wrong

Death of a loved one is very painful to go through. In my life my family

and friends mean everything to me. They are all very close to me and all

have a special place in my heart. I would do anything for my friends and

family. I don’t know what u would do without them. Can you imagine

losing someone close to you? Knowing they were with you just the other

day and now they’re gone. Knowing you’ll never see them again. That is

the worst feeling anyone could ever have. I’ve had that feeling too many times.

I’ve lost three good friends of mine; One in a terrible accident; His name was Hector Antonio; He was 18 years old and died on July 14, 2007. It was a regular summer night; Hector and his friends went to the lake and had a barbeque. At night they all decided to go swimming. Hector went too far into the lake and drowned. His friends jumped in too help him but they were too late. He died on July 14, 2007. Hectors family had a funeral for him not too long after his death. When my friends and I got to hectors funeral we went inside and gave our respects to Hectors mother and family. His mother was crying and screaming Saying, “why god? Why did you have to take my son away from me?” It was the most painful and sad thing I’ve seen in my life. Even though it’s been more than a year since Hectors been gone; we all gather together in the remembrance of Hector every year on his anniversary.

Jesse was only seventeen years old when he was killed. On May 11, 2008, Jesse attended one of his friends birthday party. Later on that night the party got out of hand; people started yelling and arguing. They all decided to go to a park nearby the house and settle the argument. Some of the guys started yelling and stared to fight. Jesse ran to break up the fight; but instead one of the guys fighting stabbed Jesse in the stomach and chest. Jesse tried to get to his car as fast as he could to call the police for help; he ended up dying about a minute before reaching his car. Everyone who knew Jesse were devastated. Jesse had so much potential and had a great future ahead of him. His dream was to become a police officer. He was volunteering at the police station to help out with as much as he could. Before Jesse could fulfill his dream and live the rest of his life he was killed. When I found out about what happened to

Jesse, I felt so much pain and anger. Jesse lived very close to me; we used to ride the school bus together and hangout all the time. It is a horrible tragedy what happened to Jesse. He is on my mind and in my prayers and heart everyday.

Eduardo was my best friend growing up; He was more like an older brother that I never had. He did everything together; we were inseparable since we were five years old to our teen years. He started dating a girl named Jennifer, he did everything she said to do and whatever she wanted. She cheated on him more than once, and used him for his money. The sad thing was he knew about it and still stayed with her. Jennifer was the jealous type; so when Eduardo and I would talk, she would get mad. So she made him choose between her and I. I was confident that he would choose me because we were best friends. I had a big smile on my face when we he was about to make his decision. He was about to make his decision until he gave me this weird look like he didn’t know what to say to me. I’ve never seen that look on his face before. At that point my smile faded away. I suddenly felt something stuck in my throat. Eduardo looked at me and said,”I’m so sorry.”I didn’t know how to react, how to feel, or what to say. I was in total shock. I just couldn’t believe this was happening. How could he choose her over his best friend? I kept my opinion to myself; I just wished him and her the best and told him he wasn’t my brother any more. I didn’t talk to him for about two years. Then I found out he died on October 21, 2007. I felt so much pain and regret. I should have talked to him or made him change his mind. Loss of a loved one hurts very much. But life goes on. I will never forget them.