One Day at a Time

Kara - Kent, Washington

One Day at a Time

My freshman year at Auburn High School, I had a class called career choices. Within this class I started a project that would follow me until my senior year. It is known as the senior project that would decide if I would graduate or not. I was required to do a presentation on PowerPoint and needed to find a quote for the project. At the time I couldn’t find a quote good enough that would satisfy how I really felt about life in general to me, so I created one myself. The motto I though of and live by today is, “It’s not who you are or what you did, it’s the outcome of what you did because of who you are.” This I believe represents an excellent view of how I reflect on life as a person. My quote simply means, you’re “Joe Schmo,” you make a decision, the (better) solution in the end is far more superior than who you are as a person. Make the best out of your day so you can make the best out of your life.

Since then, I found a diverse quote that is in the vicinity of how I feel about life as it is for me today; the portrayed sayings is that “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” by Maria Robinson. This I believe is an exceedingly wonderful quote. Simply because I currently have a boyfriend that I have been dating for three years now, girls often ask me how I do it and I tell them it’s hard and it takes time to make it work. Every now and then they tell me their stories about how they’ve had boyfriends that they “loved and never wanted to leave and thought they would be together forever” but yet it never worked out in the end for them and it’s hard to get over someone you really love. However, this quote, I believe, is a wonderful quote that follows the path of that told story that everyone should hear. Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, boy and girl fall in love, and then they split. The quote represents that just because you’re at loss doesn’t mean you can’t move on and find someone better for you; “there’s more fish in the sea.” I absolutely despise this proverb; nevertheless, to be honest it’s true.

I live my life one day at a time and this I believe is the ultimate belief. Don’t let someone get you down or stop you from what you want to do are the crucial key points of this story. This I believe is a brilliant position to be in as a person. If you believe in yourself you can get through life easier without struggles. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.