Respect

Don - Orange Park, Florida
Themes: respect

The U.S. Constitution states, “…all men are created equal.” Thus, respect shall be given to each and every citizen that resides in the United States. The only problem with the Preamble is when it acknowledges only men and does not include women. I strongly believe that, no matter the situation or the person, all people deserve respect.

Earning honor from a particular individual is gratuitous. There should not be work done in order to gain respect; instead, recognition is an aspect that one receives as social peace within a community. A prime example would be an agreement between two people, while each hold a debt of gratitude towards one another.

Judging each other is the most frequent habit in society today. It happens every minute of every day. Even though being critical or judgmental about others is not something that can be completely obliterated, it can be controlled to a minimum by not allowing stereotypical comments or assumptions. In fact, I once assisted a man in need of directions by only saying, “Yes, sir.” He shook my hand genuinely with an ear-to-ear smile as if he and I had been friends for a good time. Administering respect should occur to people that are both acquaintances and strangers.

Effects from distributing adoration are significant and positive as well. Numerous situations present opportunities with new people to make first impressions. If respect is bestowed upon the new associate, this can powerfully improve the future. As tedious as they may sound, little acts of respect go a long way towards impacting every single aspect of one’s life. Happiness is enjoyed by all partners in the process of both giving and receiving this cooperation. When respect is given, it makes he or she have a higher self-esteem and in result causes a better society.