Change is Good

Blake - Bothell, Washington
Themes: change

I believe change is good for everyone and that everyone can apply it to his or her own lives. It can help you whether your in a good or bad situation and there’s always something good you can take from it.

I went to public school from Kindergarten to sixth grade. I really liked it and I had a lot of friends. The time came when my parents wanted to put me into a Seventh Day Adventist School. At first, it was really hard and I was scared of how things were going to go. It was a small school and it forced me to get along with the kids in my class. Though as time went on, it gradually got easier, and I was enjoying myself.

My parents wanted change again my tenth grade year, because the school I was at wasn’t good scholastically and wasn’t preparing me for college. We found a non-denominational school right by the school I was already at. When I made the change again, it was much easier to make friends and I was enjoying it. Partly due to being more mature, but changing schools in the first place had a lot to do with it.

Making the change from sixth grade to seventh grade turned out to be very beneficial because it made me more mature and gave me the ability to adapt easier to newer situations. It gave me confidence and I made friends a lot quicker. So overall it was a good decision, even though I didn’t like it at first.

I believe everyone can apply this to their own lives. By just accepting it and making the best of it. Usually it turns out for the better, and even if it doesn’t, there’s something good you can take from it.