Heather - auburn, Washington

As a 16 year old junior in high school I’ve discovered and experienced many different things about life that many people don’t in half of their lifetime. I believe in faith. I entered my adult hood when I was about 5, only to learn how to survive on my own. I was once an extremely spoiled brat who had to learn to adjust to real life situations and except things for the way they are not the way I want them to be and I had to do it fast. If I were to tell u my entire life story as of thus far you would also discover that most of my experiences in this life haven’t been of the better ones which is okay with me. I value my life exactly the way it is or has been. I wouldn’t go back in time to change a thing. I thank my father I haven’t seen since I was 4 for turning me into a spoiled brat, I thank my brothers and sisters for the cruelness they’ve shown throughout our childhood, and my mother whom I love very much for showing me struggle, introducing me to god and faith, and making me independent and strong along the way. I believe that what doesnt kill you makes u stronger. This isn’t another sob story or a please pray for me letter. I’ve been through many difficult situations in my life u could never guess by looking at me, that’s probably because I am always smiling and seem very happy, not to say that I am unhappy with life I just know that I’ve been very very blessed and don’t know why. I’ve come to a point in life where I find myself asking why me? How did i get to be the lcuky one? I feel that I am blessed because I’m still alive and very young to already know so much about life. Yet I do not know my calling, how am I going to change the world. I am a firm believer in Christ and know about morals, although I haven’t ever really been that close with god even today I feel distance between us. Through my toughest times of trial gods been there for me the most even when I don’t believe he’s there. I believe in God. I’ve been beaten, in and out of foster care for many years, backstabbed, teased, beaten up, lied to, neglected, and even without food at times. Just as I start to feel sorry for my self I stop and realize how lucky I am to be alive, how lucky I am to have so much strength and wisdom at such a young age, a family, friends, the ability to love and be loved in return. God blessed me with strength that the strongest people in the world don’t have. I beleive when things are the hardest, you find the most happiness in life. I am not broken in any way by destruction around me; I have simply learned to adjust. I want to share my wisdom with the world somehow and make a change in at least one person’s life. I just need to figure out how. I believe in change.